Until they support services other than gmail this will remain a beautiful, but useless email client. Fingers crossed for IMAP support soon!
Sparrow Beta 7
It’s Christmas time and we are both proud and glad to offer you Sparrow Beta 7. Our little bird had a serious face lift and performance boost.
- Progress Bar
- Gmail shortcuts
- Quick labeling
- Quick Labeling and Archiving
- Smart recipient auto-complete
- ‘Download message on demand’ option
- Auto-restart on Menu Bar/Dock settings
- Quicklook in the compose window
- Horizontal scrollbar
- Plain text option
- ⌘-L Quick labelling
- ⇧-⌘-L Quick labeling & Archiving
- ⌘-K to insert link in the compose window
- Message list scroll performance
- Category/account switch performance
- Auto-detect SMTP port failures
- New compose window design
- New conversation view design
- Message list re-design
- Printing bug
- ⌘↵ shortcut fix
- Search crash
- Sync issues
- Forwarded message not shown
- Dragging selection scroll
- Labels randomly turns black
- Encoding issues
- Empty message bug
- URL not converted to link
- Scattered space
- And a gazillion other bugs
‘Download on demand’ in the Advanced Preference Panel will allow Gmail users with large mailboxes to limit the synchronization between Sparrow and their account.
Sparrow is also becoming Mac AppStore compliant and resource location have been changed. You will now find your mail database in LIbrary/ApplicationSupport/Sparrow and your preferences file in Library/Preferences named com.sparrowmailapp.sparrow.plist.
We are also testing advertising in this version of Sparrow. Of course, you’ll be able to turn the ads on & off at your convenience in the Preferences Advanced panel by clicking on ‘Disable Ads’.
Grab your Sparrow Beta 7 copy here or simply ‘Check for update’.
Merry Christmas to you all and happy new year!